Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Petri 7s 40mm 1.8 has a stuck /slow ... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Petri 7s 40mm 1.8 has a stuck /slow shutter ...please help « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

HH

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, July 08, 2004 - 03:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello,

I bought 2 Petri 7s on ebay a couple weeks ago, both of them have the same problem; when click the shutter would open slowwwwlllly, once it widely opened, then if close back with appropriate pre-set speed. Is there anyway that I could get to the shutter blade and clean it ? I've tried to detach the whole lens from the body, but couldn't find anyway to get to the shutter blades.

Thanks in advance

Winfried

Posted on Friday, July 09, 2004 - 12:01 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

On most cameras you get access to the shutter blades by removing the front lens elements or the rear ones. I have not worked on a 7s yet but I think this should be quite straightforward after removing the first retainer rings and the selenium cell.

Henry

Posted on Tuesday, July 13, 2004 - 06:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thank you thank you....I now salvaged 2 perfect petri 7s 1.8 into LIKE NEW condition from two other part cameras .... they are snappy and took beautiful pix....wondering if my 5mega pixels digicam still work after 30 something years ???? "Vie les Classic Camera"

Bob Ingay

Posted on Wednesday, October 20, 2004 - 12:56 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

try to tighten the retaining ring on the lens. They tend to come loose on the 7s and can cause that problem as well as someother problems. Good Luck.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration