Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Petri 1.9 CC Super shutter cocking & ... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Petri 1.9 CC Super shutter cocking & Repair « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Brad Deal

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, July 09, 2004 - 01:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have the camera diassembled. The cocking arm for the shutter had come loose. I removed the lens-shutter housing. I fixed this and camera started to function ok. But the lever (on the shutter-lens housing) that cocks the shutter is stiff at the very end of travel. The shtter functions and the speeds are reasonably accurate.(I do not have a timer)Aperature and focus are fine. I have not taken the shtter apart yet. does it need to be completely taken apart to clean & lubricated? Should I dribble more lighter fluid in the shutter and see if it loosens more? I cleaned the top of the camera with mineral spirts so the film advance springs and all the little levers are clean and dry. Should I lubrcate these and if so with what. This is my first try so I am not shure what to call things. Thank you for any help.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration