Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Are pentaprism covers general for all... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Are pentaprism covers general for all slrs? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

alec

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, July 11, 2004 - 01:51 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

i have a yashica tl super with a crooked
pentaprism. i opened it up, and saw that the
plastic cover inside is broken.
can i buy just any cover or does it have to specifc
for the tl?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jon Goodman

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, July 11, 2004 - 08:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi, Alec.
I doubt you'll be able to find a cover for this Yashica. Personally, I'd try to figure out how to attack the problem from a different angle. Perhaps use the old cover, but form a saddle that would fit over it and attach to the springs...something like that. On some, I have used a piece of foam rubber attached to the inside of the pentaprism bulge on the top cover. This actually will work, and is easy.
Good luck.
Jon

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration