Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Help! Lens won't come off of camera!... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Help! Lens won't come off of camera! « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Duck

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, July 11, 2004 - 06:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi,

I am really hoping someone can help. Yesterday I was using my Nikon N2000 with a Vivitar AI 100-300 zoom, went to remove the lens and it won't come off. The lens removal button seems to be working, but the lens won't turn more than a fraction of an inch. I have used this lens before and never had a problem. Is there anything I can do, or do I have to send it in for repair? Help!!!

Thanks so much for any advice!

Aaron

Posted on Sunday, July 11, 2004 - 07:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you turn clockwise to remove?

duck

Posted on Sunday, July 11, 2004 - 10:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yep, sure did! I really am not a newbie and really haven't had this problem before. The lens is well and truly stuck. I have read other places of this happening, but no one has offered any solutions. I am hoping someone here can.

rick oleson

Posted on Monday, July 12, 2004 - 10:14 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Just above the lens locking pin on the lens flange of the N2000 body, there's a little protruding pin. My guess is that this has gotten snagged in the recess around a screw head on the back of your lens and thereby become an unscheduled second lens locking pin. This is a tough situation, as all of the screws you might want to access to get you out of this are now trapped between the lens and the mounting flange. You might get lucky if you take a thin piece of shim stock or a feeler gauge and work it in between the lens and the body just above the lens lock button.... try to work this in past the pin while wiggling the lens. it's a long shot, but i think it may be the only shot you've got. if you can get the metal shim on top of the pin, you may then be able to dismount the lens from the body.

Ed

Posted on Tuesday, July 13, 2004 - 05:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

good advice from Rick--I've done exactly this, except while trying the above I pull outward firmly on the lens--so it compresses the spring behind the lens flange on the body--should work. This gives you a little more clearance between the lens and body flange.

Peter Stind Rosendahl

Posted on Wednesday, July 14, 2004 - 08:20 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Duck!
Is the focusing-screen still in place below the prism? If the image in the viewfinder is normal it is. Otherwise I have seen several examples of focusing screens that have come loose and fallen down and so blocking the lens from turning. I have seen it happen on Nikons, but more often on modern Canon EOS (non-pro-models) - crappy as they are!! If this is the cause try shaking the camera while holding it upside-down and/or lens up while releasing the lens.

Malcolm

Posted on Sunday, October 02, 2005 - 07:19 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am trying to turn on my dad's old Nikon N2000 but the led light does not come on. I have checked the batteries but still nothing. Can anyone help?

Malcolm

Posted on Sunday, October 02, 2005 - 07:21 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am trying to turn on my dad's old Nikon N2000 but the led light does not come on. I have checked the batteries but still nothing. Can anyone help?

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration