Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Yashica Electro 35 CC / GX: how to re... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Yashica Electro 35 CC / GX: how to remove top plate? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Nils

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, July 12, 2004 - 03:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi,
I recently bought both a Yashica Electro 35 CC and a 35 GX, both in nice condition with only two minor problems: the CC's viewfinder glass had become dirty inside and needs to be cleaned and the GX's viewfinder glass got off inside. I guess it will be best in both cases to remove the top plate to get access to the viewfinder parts. At the Yashica-Guy's site there is only a repair guide for the Yashica Electro G family, which is distinct from my models. Does anyone know how to remove the top plates of these models or can give me some hints?

Thank you Nils

Winfried

Posted on Monday, July 12, 2004 - 11:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I don't remember it in detail but I think removing the top plate is not very different from the G models. Maybe there are ring nuts around the advance shaft and/or rewind shaft. Of course you don't have to bother with the ASA dial and the shutter test button panel on these cameras.

I think on both cameras there are plastic pins under the shutter release button which must not be lost, without these pins the camera won't fire correctly.

Also, at least one of these cameras (I think it was the GX) has a tiny pin in the pc socket which switches off the auto-flash feature when connecting an 'external' flash unit, don't loose this either.

Nils

Posted on Wednesday, July 14, 2004 - 07:40 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hmm,
thanks. I guess I will try another cheap camera before which I can do without to get some practice in camera repair. The Electros are too nice to foozle.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration