Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Yashica TL Electro Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Yashica TL Electro « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

alex

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, July 13, 2004 - 12:24 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I need to lubricate the moving parts inside this camera.By removing the top metal portion,do i expect for something to fall out or springs to come loose?Assumming all parts are intact.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jon Goodman

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, July 14, 2004 - 05:34 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

No, but pay attention to how the shutter speed dial is assembled. There is a spring and a small washer in this assembly which must be re-assembled in the same order, or the ASA selector will not work.

You may need to replace the light seals while you are at it. If you need a kit, I can send one for as little as $6 that will include the fabric seal material this camera used at the hinge end. To see some actual re-sealing work done on a TL, please go to E-Bay and search using the "by seller" tab. Enter my ID...Interslice...and there you go.

Jon

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration