Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Minolta SRT 101 Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Minolta SRT 101 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Lars

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, July 14, 2004 - 12:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have an old srt101, with problem that the stop-ring won't go back as i should. I need some kind of description of how I can get inside the camera (I'm new at this, as you see) The front can I manage, but the top have I problem with. And it's the rewind arm and the shutter button that I can't handle. Any Ideas where/how I can find a solution?

Peter Stind Rosendahl

Posted on Wednesday, July 14, 2004 - 01:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hej Lars!
Do you by the stop-ring mean the ring around the bayonet mount that transfers the aperture setting to the body from the lens? Yours is a normal problem with the Minoltas. All you need is to take off the bayonet-mount to get access to the ring, take is out, watch the spring, and clean it and its surroundings with lighter fluid on Q-tips.

Ed

Posted on Wednesday, July 14, 2004 - 01:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You must be careful not to "lose" the dial cord string when you remove the follower ring--it is in a notch on the right side as you face the front of the camera.

lars

Posted on Thursday, July 15, 2004 - 12:32 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thank you!
That was what I needed

/Lars

K.S

Posted on Monday, July 26, 2004 - 03:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello All:

I am fond of using classic manual cameras.

I recently got a 30 year old Minolta SRT 101 as a gift from my boss.

I found that the battery was worn out; therefore I replaced PX-13 with an Alkaline PX625 (durracell, 1.5 v). I knew that it is not an exact match for 1.35 v PX-13. However, this is the best alternative I got in the regular market for cheap price ($2.5).

When I tried to see "Battery Check, BC" or turned the expore meter battery to "ON" position, I do not see the expoture-meter needle moving!! (the one with pointing end). I guess the needle is "stuck"? How can I repair or "fix" this problem? Kindly reply with your inputs.

I really appreciae your help. Thank you!

Jon Goodman

Posted on Monday, July 26, 2004 - 10:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

First, please clean the inside of the battery cover and also clean the lower contact point in the battery holder. Then, if that does not help, you might remove the bottom plate and check the switch contacts. It sounds like you are not receiving power to your meter, and we need to find out why.

Jon

Eric Hutchins

Posted on Saturday, August 07, 2004 - 10:00 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

K.S. - The SRT 101 used a 1.3v mercurcy cell battery. Unfortunately those batteries were deemed more deadly than nuclear weapons, so western governments banned them in their infinite wisdom, now the only place you can get them is on eBay from people in China.

Replacement of the 1.3v with a 1.5v cell will result in an inoperative light meter. There are two solutions for this:

1) There are adapters made that slide into the battery compartment on the SRT and undervolt the 1.5v cells to 1.3v, resulting in normal operation. I'm not sure where to find one but you can check the Minolta Yahoo Group for info on that.

2) You can have the camera's light meter recalibrated to operate properly on 1.5v batteries. This is, IMHO, the preferred solution, because I don't like to rely on stop-gap measures like adapters, and I consider this the proper, permanent fix. You can try the ManualMinoltaFree group on Yahoo Groups to find a reputable Minolta repair tech in your region. Just go to Yahoo groups and search for the name.

If you get the adapter or recalibrate the meter and it is still giving you this problem, then it's possible that the light meter is truly broken. Replacing the meter is a painful prospect, so we'll cross that bridge if/when we get to it.

The mercury battery problem is a PITA with REALLY old SLRs like the SRT, but if fixed you will be rewarded with a great camera. With the exception of the meter, that body is virtually bulletproof, and high quality used MF Minolta glass is common and inexpensive. I have an X-700 and an XD-11 and assorted lenses, and I love it.

Good luck!

Richard Pearson

Posted on Sunday, March 12, 2006 - 03:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Just found an SRT 101 at a camera sale. Serial # 1542012. Can any one tell me the year of the camera???

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration