Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Canon 135mm Tele - Removing focus bar... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Canon 135mm Tele - Removing focus barrel/Lens shade « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Will

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, July 14, 2004 - 01:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi All,
I'm trying to remove the focus barrel and integral lens shade from a Canon 135mm Telephoto. I have the barrel loose but something is holding the shade from sliding off the end (front) of the lens. I don't see anything else to be loosened. I'm really dumbfounded here.

Thanks,
Will

Ed

Posted on Wednesday, July 14, 2004 - 01:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If you have the rubber grip off, look for a small hole near top edge--this may line up with a screw in the hood when you turn the hood and find it thru the hole--remove or loosen the screw and hood should come--if I sound indefinite it's because this may not be the case with various Canon 135mm.

Will

Posted on Wednesday, July 14, 2004 - 01:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Ed,

There is no hole under the grip. Could there be a screw inside the barrel, behind the 1st element?

Thanks,
Will

Tom

Posted on Wednesday, July 14, 2004 - 01:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Perhaps, as with most of my lenses, there is a ring that screws into the end of the lens, similar to a screw in filter ring. Try unscrewing this ring and see if the hood slides off then. Although not apparent, the ring is just large enough to be used as a stop, on a ridge inside the lens shade.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration