Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Mamiya m645 viewfinder issues Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Mamiya m645 viewfinder issues « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Robb Miller

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, July 16, 2004 - 02:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I recently picked up a Mamiya m645 with a waist level viewfinder. I also purchased a PD finder from KEH.

The waist level has one of the locking arms stuck so that it doesn't grab the corresponding arm on the body. The other arm works fine. Do I dare open it up? This finder is not really used, and it stays on with just the one arm, but it flaps a bit when I tilt it 90^.

The PD finder has two issues. About 2/3 up thru the viewfinder there is a fuzzy white line going horizontally across the viewing area. If you look thru the bottom, with the finder off the camera, it looks to be a line on the back edge of the prism. I've seen mentioned elsewhere silver separation, and suspect this to be the case. It's easily ignorable though, so if it's a matter of having it re-silvered, I can wait.

I also noticed that exposures done using the PD finder's shutter speed selector are about 1.5 times longer than when using the camera body's shutter speed selector. Is this even correctable? (I've just been metering with the PD and then reverting to the body for imaging.)

Thanks in advance,

Robb

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration