Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Praktica LTL 3 Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Praktica LTL 3 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Harlee

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, July 18, 2004 - 09:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I've had in my possession a Praktica LTL 3 camera for a long time that I'd like to work on. The mirror is stuck in the up position and I can continue winding the film without tripping the shutter. Any suggestions as to where to start looking to find whats not engaging?

Jose Lopez

Posted on Monday, July 19, 2004 - 04:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi,

First, make sure the courtains are clean without any sticky substance, this is crucial for these type of metal courtains because the gear which releases the mirror depends on the force that left after the courtains have made their trip so if courtains stops a bit the movement the mirror will stay upward.

Then you have to release the mirror, now I can't remember exactly how to release it, I repaired my own much time ago, but you have to remove the bottom plate and free something around.

Luck,

Jose

Harlee

Posted on Monday, July 19, 2004 - 08:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Any suggestions on getting the film advance lever off of an LTL3 Praktica? I'm not sure if the screwed on part of the lever is right or left hand thread, or if there's a screw under the little black cover [which I can;t get off].

Jose Lopez

Posted on Wednesday, July 21, 2004 - 08:34 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The lever nut unscrews counterclockwise and it's not necessary to remove the rounded black cover. You can use a piece of rubber to remove it.

Luck

Jose

Tony Duell

Posted on Friday, July 23, 2004 - 01:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

On some old Prakticas, you do have to remove the (glued on) cover from the winding lever. Pick it out with a sewing needle. Under it is a tiny E-circlip and some washers. Remove those, then unscrew the 'cup' anti-clockwise (normal RH thread) and lift off the lever and the trim under it.

And on (at least) the EE2, you unscrew the cover on the winding crank, then remove the circlip, etc as above.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration