Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Advice on Miranda repair Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Advice on Miranda repair « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Aileen Harvey

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, July 20, 2004 - 08:09 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello,
My Dad's much-loved Miranda camera from the 60s has broken down. (We're not sure of the model - it just says 'Miranda' and 'Miranda Camera Company' on the front of the lightmeter and a large 'T' above that.)
First the lightmeter stuck, and I used it for several years without that, but then the shutter broke. We took it to a good repair shop in London, but they said they couldn't get parts to mend it. Does anyone know of someone in the UK who specializes in repairing old Mirandas?
Any advice at all would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks very much,
Aileen

rick oleson

Posted on Tuesday, July 20, 2004 - 10:02 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

(The camera is probably a Model F; these came sometimes with either the M or T metering prisms and were then sold as the "FM" or "FT" respectively)

Doug Renton-Cooper

Posted on Friday, August 13, 2004 - 07:19 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Aileen,
You could try This man. I would telephone first to see if he will undertake the repair. If parts are unavailable then he has the facility to make them. This is expensive! Consider the value of the camera and the possible cost of repair! I think that unless the cost does not matter, then you should consider scrapping the camera.
The name of the repairer is Mr. Malcom Taylor,
and his telephone number is 01568-770542 this is a United Kingdom number.

Al Reiter

Posted on Saturday, October 30, 2004 - 04:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have a Miranda Sensomat camera that I have owned since the late 60s and several accessories that I would like to sell but don't have any idea about the value. The complete list is:

Camera:
Miranda Sensomat w/50mm f1.4 Auto Miranda lens

Telephoto Lens:
Soligor 135mm f2.8 w/Miranda mount

Wide Angle Lens:
Soligor 28mm f2.8 w/Miranda mount

Tele-extender:
Soligor Auto Tele Converter 2X for Miranda

Filters:
VivitarSkylight Filter 1A
Vivitar Color Correction 85B

Case:
Miranda hard side fitted carrying case

Can anyone give me a ballpark range for this equipment?

Thanks.

Al

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration