Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Test Olympus OMPC Light Meter Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Test Olympus OMPC Light Meter « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Charles

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, July 22, 2004 - 08:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have an Olympus OMPC and a Pentax ME Super. I've noticed recently that with each camera loaded with 200 ASA film; f stop set to 8; and in Auto Mode, the OMPC selects a much slower shutter speed than the Pentax. If the Pentax selects a shutter speed of 500 the OMPC selects 60. If the ESP is disabled on the OMPC the shutter speed may change up or down by 1, but still considerably different from the Pentax.

This says to me that there's a problem with the OMPC. Is this something I may be able to fix on my own? Where should I start to look?

James Jones

Posted on Thursday, July 22, 2004 - 11:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Try this simple test. First, get yourself a plain white styrofoam cup. Take each camera and set them for ISO 125 and set the lens at f/16. Put the cup over the lens and point it directly overhead at the sun on a clear day. The meter should show a shutter speed of 125. If the Olympus is still off try new batteries first.

david

Posted on Thursday, March 02, 2006 - 09:34 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hi i have a olympus omPC and my shutters stuck please help.thank you

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration