Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Minox Shutter Repair/replacement Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Minox Shutter Repair/replacement « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jack Freymuller

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, July 23, 2004 - 05:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Today I received a pair of shutter blades for a Minox III from Martin Doctor, 49 Indian Rock Road,
Nashua, NH 03063. I believe they are of his own make. They look exactly like a Minox blade and in this case fit perfectly. I had the III up and running in an hour or so. Cost $20. If you are considering the same, be sure to read the various
tips posted here and elsewhere. It is not difficult
but there several important things you need to know
before you tackle the job.

Jack
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jim Brokaw

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, July 25, 2004 - 12:45 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I can second Martin Doctor's Minox blades. I repaired a 'B' using them with great results. There is a good page of notes on Minox disassembly posted somewhere that I think is Rick Oleson's work... it was very helpful. Once inside, the Minox is a clean design, very understandable, and I thought pretty straightforward to work on.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration