Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Yashica Electro 35 Professional Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Yashica Electro 35 Professional « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Frank

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, July 25, 2004 - 09:07 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Got this camera recently, it's the older series with the film chamber cut-out on the baseplate. The shutter works properly in bulb mode, but on auto, in bright light, the shutter speed is always really fast, I'd guess 1/500 sec. When the light level is lower and the yellow light warning comes on as you press the shutter release, the shutter acts as if set to bulb. It won't close until the shutter release button is released. It may be noteworthy that the yellow warning light does not go out at the bottom of the shutter release "stroke".
This is a beautiful camera and I'd love to be able to use it! Any thoughts, anyone?
Thank you, Frank

Winfried

Posted on Tuesday, July 27, 2004 - 12:01 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If the yellow light does not go off when the shutter clicks it's probably the notorious plastic pad which is defective. There is a german guy, Erik Fiss, giving a description of how to replace this on his page, I think he has added an english translation. Google will find this page.

Jon Flanders

Posted on Tuesday, July 27, 2004 - 03:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If it is the plastic "pad of death" you are in for some tricky work. I managed to replace the pad on a GSN, but found myself stymied in putting the camera back together. Result? A parts camera.

You can get another one pretty cheaply on Ebay. Or buy one from a trusted seller that knows that the pad is there and the camera is working correctly. Stick with this camera. It takes great pictures.

Jon Flanders

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration