Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Yashica GSN Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Yashica GSN « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Harlee

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, July 26, 2004 - 08:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I shot a roll through my GSN and they all came out blured. I think the focusing may be off a bit. What's the best way to adjust the focusing? Set it on infinity and adjust the prism so that the images line up, or pick a specific distance, say 10 feet, set the rangefinder to 10' and adjust the prism accordingly? If the prism is set correctly at infinity, with the rest of the distances fall in place correctly?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jon Goodman

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, July 27, 2004 - 07:51 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi, Harlee.

Pick images at interval distances from you...3 feet, 7 feet, 10 feet, 15 feet, and then of course infinity (I use a large utility pole about 150 yards from my house). Adjust so that the finder sees these as in focus. If after doing this, the images are blurry, somebody has tampered with your lens or there is another problem, and we'll need to attack it from a different angle.

Jon

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration