Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Graflex RB series B Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Graflex RB series B « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jani Heikkinen

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, July 27, 2004 - 01:59 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi!

What is the best way to remove the focusing hood and glass from the graflex rb series b camera. (size is 3.25*4.25, the camera is from 1920's).

Ed

Posted on Tuesday, July 27, 2004 - 05:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

not sure but check at front center of hood and see if there isn't a snap button to push that releases the front of the hood and it can be lifted out and then screws holding the gg.

Jani Heikkinen

Posted on Tuesday, July 27, 2004 - 09:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks! Now I found it. There was just so much dirt that I didn't see it. I cleaned the gg, but the mirror is also very dirty. I think I'll go and buy collodium and clean it with that.

Jani

Ed

Posted on Wednesday, July 28, 2004 - 03:50 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I guess I don't know what collodium is, but clean the mirror carefully--it is first surface coated and easily damaged with too much pressure--lens cleaner and careful wiping with Kleenex, etc should do the job.

Jani Heikkinen

Posted on Wednesday, July 28, 2004 - 09:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sorry, I think it is called collodion in english. It is the most non-abrasive method to clean lenses and mirrors. Many astronomers use it for cleaning their equipment since it doesn't scratch. Opticlean is used the same way as collodion, but collodion is much cheaper and can be bought from pharmacy. I just paint or pour it over the mirror/lens surface, let it dry until it forms a film over the surface and attach a piece of scotch tape over it and peel it away as one sheet which takes with it all the dirt.
BUT THIS CANNOT BE USED WITH PLASTIC LENSES OR PARTS!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration