Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Praktica LTL Shutter Problem Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Praktica LTL Shutter Problem « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jon Flanders

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, July 27, 2004 - 04:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I picked up a LTL mainly because I wanted a former GDR camera. I got one cheap on EBay which supposedly has a bad meter but otherwise is supposed to be OK. I find that when I advance the wind lever the shutter fires(correctly it seems). But no go with the shutter button.

Is there something I am missing or is this just going to be a collectors item?

Jon Flanders

Thomas

Posted on Thursday, July 29, 2004 - 05:06 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Jon,

I guess (because I had the same problem with one of my Prakticas): to fix the problem of your camera, you only have to bring one special little screw in one special slotted hole to the correct position - and thats all. But in order to reach this special things, you have to open the camera (at least the top section of the body and the timing mechanism for the shutter). It takes too much space to explain it here in detail - but please feel free to write an e-mail if you are interested...

Thomas

Dave Leffen

Posted on Friday, July 30, 2004 - 08:56 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I inherited a Praktica from my father but I have barely used it since I have other 35mm cameras. I checked the shutter release procedure and noticed that the button has a red dot which locks the shutter release if it is lined up with another red dot. Turning the button so that the red dot does not line up allows the shutter release to work. This may be too trivial a solution to your problem, but I thought I might as well pass this on.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration