Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Water damage Canon Elph Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Water damage Canon Elph « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Sarah Egan

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, July 29, 2004 - 11:03 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello,

My camera was left outside for a day. During this time, it was rained upon. The camera still turns on, and I was able to view the pictures with no problems.

After reading some of the previous posts, I suppose that I should not have turned it on.. but I have already done so.

I tried taking some pictures yesterday, and they turned out foggy and blurry. Is there some way I can fix this myself or another inexpensive way to repair it? Thanks in advance.

Jon Goodman

Posted on Thursday, July 29, 2004 - 10:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi, Sarah. Actually, this forum deals with older "classic" cameras, and there isn't as much knowledge of digital repair here as there might be on another forum. My personal guess is the damage you've suffered may be due to condensation in the lens. If so, you should be able to see water droplets or such if you look into it from the front. If this is the case, I'm afraid it may be difficult to fix. However, I could be wrong. The problem may be due to any of several electronic components which may have gotten wet. Good luck...sorry this happened. Have you searched for a digital camera repair forum? I believe that might be a good first step.

Jon

charles stobbs

Posted on Friday, July 30, 2004 - 09:05 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

A slow drying process such as leaving it on a sunny window sill would probably dry the lens and any other other wet components. Take the battery out first.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration