Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

NIKON FE2 problem - Works only with M... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » NIKON FE2 problem - Works only with M250/B mode « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

sandro

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, August 04, 2004 - 06:53 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have a Nikon FE2 that I use usually with a MD-11 motor. Last week the camera stopped to work as if the batteries were down, but I checked them and they are ok. Now the camera works only in M250/B mode. Does anyone know how to fix the problem? Thanks in advance.
Sandro

rick oleson

Posted on Wednesday, August 04, 2004 - 10:04 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

sounds like it could be a broken battery wire or a bad switch.

Dan Mitchell

Posted on Thursday, August 05, 2004 - 09:58 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Most likely the switch in the winder lever or film counter, but could also be a problem with the ASA wiper. You have to remove the top cover to check and clean all of those.

MrNov

Posted on Thursday, August 05, 2004 - 11:11 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

start at the begining, are the batteries good?

sandro

Posted on Monday, August 09, 2004 - 03:37 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I changed the batteries, the problem is not depending from them. I tried to open the top cover, but I was not able to remove the ASA mechanism. Does someone has a procedure (e.g. in PDF format) to follow to remove the top cover?
Regards,
Sandro

Sandro

Posted on Tuesday, August 10, 2004 - 02:31 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks Dan for your personal replay.
I'll try to remove the top cover to check all the switches. It is necessary to disassemble completely the ASA wiper, the shutter speed dial and the wind-up lever knob, right? It is not possible to open the top and clean the switches without disassemble all (for example, the ASA dial cannot remain assemble on the top cover)?

Francis Otto

Posted on Friday, August 27, 2004 - 03:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I too have an FE2 that will only fire at M250 & 'B', and with an apparently dead meter; Tomas Tomosy suggests this means dead electronics (and no source for spares), so I'm glad to see that it might be a less radical problem. Batteries have been allowed to weep in this one and the inner contact has been thoroughly scraped (right down to the brass!): would it be worth my while checking to see whether any battery wires have been corroded/broken?
And what about the erratic MD12, which whirrs, but is disinclined actually to pull a film/fire shutter?
Francis Otto

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration