Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Konica T3 SLR Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Konica T3 SLR « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Tom

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, August 05, 2004 - 06:51 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I just picked up a wonderful, black Konica T3 with several lenses and accesories an love it. My question is, Everything works like new, except the depth of field preview or stop down lever which is part of the self timer lever. Should this one have it? and there is no eyepiece shutter curtain as described in the manual. Serial number is 658068 is this an early model? And were they added later?

Tom

Posted on Thursday, August 05, 2004 - 08:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sorry, spoke too soon. The DOF preview does in fact work, just did not push far enough. BUT, still puzzled as to the eyepiece shade mentioned in instruction manual. No lever there.

M. Currie

Posted on Friday, August 06, 2004 - 09:26 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My T3 also does not have an eyepiece shutter (well actually at this point it has no eyepiece bezel either, but that's another story) and no mention of it in the instruction manual that came with it. Mine is an earlier s/n than yours. I actually posted on this last night but must not have pushed the last button, so it didn't get through. I was going to mention how stiff the DOF preview lever is.

I don't know what you're using for batteries, but I have found that hearing-aid batteries work well in mine if I fudge the ASA setting by two steps. Mine has a tendency to turn itself on unattended, so I don't want to invest too much in batteries. The zinc-air hearing aid batteries can be bought in six-packs pretty cheaply, and last a few months.

Most of the t3's I've seen on Ebay, etc. have been missing their flash hot shoes. If yours is also, you might try KEH.com. They often have one or two in stock. Mine is a yard sale special, showing signs of having been dropped hard with the flash attached, which ripped the eyepiece bezel out of the top cover, but the hot shoe was in the bag, although the rest of the bezel was missing. I managed to get the shoe to work by drilling and bolting it to the top cover with very small screws. It makes a good knockaround camera for carrying in the car, etc.

Tom

Posted on Saturday, August 07, 2004 - 09:12 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

To M.Currie
Thanks for help. Did find DOF preview, but is also stiff. Guess shutter curtain came later. Has hot shoe though. Thanks for info.

suibuliu

Posted on Wednesday, August 11, 2004 - 11:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

There are two models, the "original" Konica T3, it is without hot shoe, and eye shutter curtain.

The new T3 or T3/N has builit hot shoe and eye shutter. If you look closely, the T3/N has more squre penta, the self timer level also has a white mark.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration