Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Minolta X370N Problems Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Minolta X370N Problems « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Mike

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, August 07, 2004 - 03:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I just got my X370N from my grandfather who has had it in a box for 12 years. I took it out today and replaced the batteries however the film advance won't move and the shutter won't release. Anyone know what is wrong with it and how much it will cost to get it repaired? Thanks.

Michael Linn

Posted on Saturday, August 07, 2004 - 05:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It's usually the release capacitor, which is very easy to get to. Take off the bottom plate and look for it on the rewind end. It's usually an aluminum 4 volt 220uf which you can get just about anywhere for next to nothing. Try to read the value printed on it in case it is different. When you get a new one, just touch the leads to the leads of the suspect capacitor while attempting to fire the camera. If you have pressed the shutter button to the point where the diodes have gone out, you need to turn the camera off and back on. If it now releases, you've found the problem. Unsolder the old one, cut the leads of the new one to fit, and solder it in. Remember that capacitors have polarity, so you have to have it right when you test it and when you solder it in!

M Currie

Posted on Sunday, August 08, 2004 - 03:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Before you get too far with this, do make sure that the battery contacts are good and the thing is actually getting enough juice. Do the LED's light up? Low battery is indicated by mode light blinking. Unlike some similar cameras that will still fire on one speed with dead batteries, the x-370 will lock the shutter when the batteries are too low to set exposure correctly.

Andrew Bingham

Posted on Wednesday, August 25, 2004 - 02:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

This might help:

https://kyp.hauslendale.com/classics/forum/messages/2/2541.html?1091476044

I recently fixed an X-370 this way. I guess whatever locks the shutter at low battery levels didn't work quite right, and the shutter didn't make it all the way across. Works fine now, although I guess it could be a smyptom of a larger problem such a failing release capacitor or a shutter issue. My friend was pretty happy though.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration