Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Lynx 14 Beamsplitter Replacement Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Lynx 14 Beamsplitter Replacement « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jackson

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, August 10, 2004 - 01:15 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I just pulled the beamsplitter from a 5000e and installed it in my Lynx 14. Unfortunately, although the coating on the old beamsplitter looked pretty ragged, the new one hasn't solved the problem. Seems I'll need to go into the rangefinder a little further and see what's amiss.

Before I do that, is there some way I can be sure the new beamsplitter is correctly positioned? Its placement is really critical, and I'm concerned that I might not have it correct. I realize there are adjustments for vertical and horizontal positioning, but what if the glass isn't exactly perpindicular to the base? Or if it isn't set at a 45 degree angle? Won't that mean that placing the subject in various areas of the patch will cause the focus to change? Have any of you run into problems in this area of repair? I have another camera that needs this too, so I want to get it right. :)
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Ed

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, August 10, 2004 - 01:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

be sure the reflective side is toward the rear and get all old cement off of beam s. seat and get in as good as you can. If not perfect, there should be adjustments to take care of any error in position--if not, it si trial and error. You will likely have adj distance setting when done. Infinity is not critical as depth of field will take care of that. I would recommend 15 feet.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration