Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Mamiya - six folder Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Mamiya - six folder « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Ronn Rhinehart

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, August 10, 2004 - 09:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello & thanks for reading. I bought an old Mamiya six (Mamiya 6) folder with a built in rangefinder. I'm not sure exactly what year it was built, but it is the model with only 2 viwfinder windows instead of 3. The film plate actually moves as you focus the camera instead of the lens. It has a red ruby colored plastic piece that drops down inside the viewfinder when the film needs to be cranked to the next frame. My problem is that the rangefinder images do not align over one another, one image is much higher than the other, and it's very difficult to know when it is foused. Can someone offer me a cal procedure for the rangefinder images? Thank you again.

Alan Green

Posted on Tuesday, September 07, 2004 - 06:37 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

This is a dead easy adjustment - you need to remove the top plate - unscrew the winding knob, and remove the screws around the top plate. Plate should lift off. You will see a cyliner which holds the reanfinder mirror at one end. Rotating this about its axis will adjust the vertical separation of the rangfiner images.

Jan Bernhardtz

Posted on Monday, July 18, 2005 - 11:08 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have just bought a Mamiya 6 made in occupied Japan with a Zuiko lens and two rangefinder windows. The problem is that the rangefinder is a bit off. It's double image can't focus on infinity. Does anyone know how to adjust the finder? And how to adjust the lens and film plane. I haven't tried it with film yet but the lens seems a bit loose. As the whole film plane moves when focusing, I suppose this adjustment is not like the Isolette's.
Thank you

Winfried

Posted on Monday, July 18, 2005 - 01:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The lens/shutter assembly is held in place just like on other cameras. Due to some details in the mechanical design I think adjustment of the lens is done by shims between the shutter and the lens plate.

Sorry, no experience concerning the rangefinder - the one on my M6 is dead on. To take off the top plate you will have to remove the advance button. I think it is held with a screw accessible from the inside of the camera, you can see it in the center of the advance shaft.

Jan Bernhardtz

Posted on Monday, July 18, 2005 - 02:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello Winfried, thank you for replying. I have already had the top plate off and to look for some way to do this adjustment. I found a screw, that by the way is accessible from the outside by unscrewing a small screw to the right of the viewfinder window. It adjusts a bent spring. It looks to me as if it is meant to be used for adjusting the rangefinder. But trying it didn't help. Looking at the camera from the lens side (unfolded) there is a rather large screw down to the left, that looks mysterious. Function?
It's an intrigueing piece of camera. I am anxious to get it going. It has a nice, small format making it a perfect companion if you want to travel light.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration