Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Olympus Trip 35 apertures Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Olympus Trip 35 apertures « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Sean Morony

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, August 11, 2004 - 12:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I've seen a lot of Olympus Trip 35 cameras where the apertures don't change either in Auto,in different lighting conditions, or aperture priority mode.The aperture remains at what looks like f/22.What causes this,and is there a cure?

MrNov

Posted on Wednesday, August 11, 2004 - 12:50 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

the problem is oil on the aperture blades. you will need to strip the lens block apart to clean. an easy job if you've done work before. the only problem you will have is resetting the focusing.

Harv Jenkins

Posted on Sunday, August 15, 2004 - 09:43 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I fixed the exact problem with mine using the instructions in Henry Taber's repair article found in the left window under "Camera Articles", Olympus Pen EES-2 aperture repair.
Harv

Ray

Posted on Saturday, October 02, 2004 - 07:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Harv
That was useful what you last posted about Henry Taber`s Article
I have just fixed mine with the instructions but you dont even need to go as far as the article say.
I know it was for Pen EES but I thought it would be helpful if I tell everyone that it can be done just by tacking the lens apart and nothing else.
Well mine works a treet it has not worked for about 3 years.
It was one of them jobs I do tomorrow & never get done, so this gave me the kick up the haris I needed.
thanks guy`s

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration