Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Lynx 14 Rangefinder Repair Help - Pho... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Lynx 14 Rangefinder Repair Help - Photos and Questions « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jackson

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, August 12, 2004 - 11:59 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Can someone please take a look at the photos and questions I've posted at the link below. I will appreciate the benefit of anyone's experience with this.

Lynx 14, the continuing saga...

Andrew Yue

Posted on Thursday, August 12, 2004 - 12:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Jackson I just want to comment on the last photo. The range finder mirror looks fine. With regards to the range finder brightness, how does it look in a well lit room at night?

Also, that tiny mask should boost contrast a bit, by blocking any extraneous light on the parts outside of the rangefinder patch. Also, I believe it needs to be oriented such that it doesn't block any of the frame lines, which are projected from the middle window.

Outstanding work on the images, BTW.

Winfried

Posted on Thursday, August 12, 2004 - 03:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You should also have a look at the 'stationary' lens (which actually does NOT move on the Lynx cameras, there are some rangefinders where this tiny lens swivels with the focus ring). Sometimes this tiny lens is dirty, and in these cases rangefinder contrast can be improved a lot by cleaning. it.

Dan Mitchell

Posted on Thursday, August 12, 2004 - 03:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

There is also a piece of foam under the top cover that usually needs to be replaced. This foam blocks stray light from coming in through the meter window in the top cover.

Nice pictures of the camera.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration