Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Petri color 35 cds cell Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Petri color 35 cds cell « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Dave Passmore

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, August 13, 2004 - 04:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello,
Ive got a dead meter in a Petri Color 35. I removed the cds cell and checked the output with a volt meter, I get nothing. What is the proper way to test a cds cell? Also if I have to replace it, where can I get one?.......Thanks,Dave

Michael Linn

Posted on Friday, August 13, 2004 - 04:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Dave-

The CDS stuff has no voltage output of it's own. It's resistance varies with the light and it always requires a source of power. You should test it with an ohmmeter. In the Petri Color 35, the CDS cell is not soldered in but "floats" which you already know since you've removed it. That is the usual problem as corrosion or a knock breaks the connection.

Dave Passmore

Posted on Friday, August 13, 2004 - 06:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Michael,
Thanks, I did a little more research and found about the resistance thing. Using an ohm meter I now see changing resistance when light is added or removed so the cell is good. Im seeing quite a bit of corrosion so once I get this cleaned uo it will probably work.It tried to work before then quit.Once I get it operational, how would one go about calibrating it. I see two trim pots in the circuit,hopefully it wont need adjusting........DAVE

Winfried

Posted on Saturday, August 14, 2004 - 03:51 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Many of the Petri Color cameras suffer from rotten battery wires, but it is not easy to get access to the battery chamber bottom - I soldered a very thin wire to the contact spring and fiddled it through the tiny vent hole of the chamber. Also, you shoud check the lightmeter switch under the bottom plate.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration