Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Olympus OMPC out of focus Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Olympus OMPC out of focus « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Laura

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, August 19, 2004 - 05:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My OMPC is not focusing right - the focusing screen says it is, but the photos come out as if focused beyond the actual subject. The split screen will not get right when focusing distant objects - it says I am short when the lens is actually on infinite.
What should I be looking at?

Michael Linn

Posted on Thursday, August 19, 2004 - 07:45 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Do you have another lens to check it against? If so, and you get the same results, the problem may be in the focusing screen, which is held in place by a two pronged clip at the back. It may have been jarred out of position.

Laura

Posted on Friday, August 20, 2004 - 12:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I checked with the standard Zuiko 50 mm, a Zuiko 35-70 zoom and a 500 mm mirror - same results

Michael Linn

Posted on Friday, August 20, 2004 - 06:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Now we know that the problem is in the camera; what do you know about it: did you just get it? did you loan it to somebody? has it been dropped?

The focusing screen is most likely the problem but it could also be the mirror angle or even the prism. Any of these would require a serious knock- which could could mean there are other problems as well.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration