Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Mamiya 1000 DTL light meter Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Mamiya 1000 DTL light meter « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Gregory Carlisle

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, August 21, 2004 - 11:52 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hey, I have a Mamiya 1000 DTL, on which the light meter does not function, my batteries are good, the shutter still works, but on the film advance lever, I believe it is supposed to stop before clicking in flush with the camera, which I think turns on the light meter, but it doesn't stop. Is there any way for it to be fixed?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Roland F. Harriston

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, August 29, 2004 - 01:24 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

There is a spring loaded "release" button located on the center hub of the film advance lever. When you stroke the film advance lever to advance the film, the light meter is subsequently switched on by pressing the film advance lever inward toward the body of the camera. The meter stays on as long as you apply pressure to the lever. When you release pressure, the meter is switched off but the lever does not return to its full resting position against the camera body until you press the spring loaded release button in the center of the wind lever hub.

This camera uses stop-down metering. When you press the film advance lever inward, you stop down the aperture as well as turn on the meter.

Try it.

If you need photos, let me know.

Regards,

Roland F. Harriston

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration