Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Nikon FE problem Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Nikon FE problem « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Richard Clarke

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, August 23, 2004 - 11:13 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi- I have an FE and it has some battery issues. with the batteries installed, it clicks at all settings, but the shutter blades do not open. it only "works" at M90 and B. typical battery problem is suppose. My question is
If I use a motor drive, such as MD-12, will this allow the the camera to work? Is there another power curcuit used when the motor drive is attached?

thanks
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

David Ritchie

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, August 24, 2004 - 02:50 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The MD-12 will not drive /power the Nikon FE. It was not until later that this was done on the FA coupled to the MD-15.

Make sure that the battery terminals are clean and that the battery is clean and in good condition. I have found that a slightly rundown battery caused problems on my FE.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration