Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Summilux blades in disarray Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Summilux blades in disarray « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Marco

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, August 25, 2004 - 09:09 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have now a pretty rough summilux 1.4/50 2nd type whose previous owner opened up and ended up with a stuck aperture and a big gap in the middle. Apparently/hopefully, none are missing.
Is this a job one can face armed with a good repair book? I've heard of Messrs. Tomosy, Romney and Tooke (for Contax) as the masters of the trade. Would someone recommend the most appropriate text? I am thinking of one that might help with both conceptual and specific guidance. I'd surely like to tackle this challenge but would first like to hear advice from the experienced and maybe an opinion as to the risk involved and possible consequences. A few good tools I have but ... Many thanks in advance.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration