Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Minolta XE7/film rewind knob stuck/ca... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Minolta XE7/film rewind knob stuck/camera back wont open « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Dorothy Wallace

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, August 25, 2004 - 06:51 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The film rewind knob on my Minolta XE7 is stuck and won't pop up, therefore the camera back won't open and i can't get my film out. Otherwise, the camera is in excellent condition. I have never had any other problems with it...HELP!!!

James

Posted on Wednesday, August 25, 2004 - 11:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Dorothy, don't panic and don't force anything! Try pulling up on the rewind knob while at the same time turning it back and forth. Keep a steady pull on it while rotating the knob left and right about 1/4 of a turn. Let me know if this works.

James

Dorothy Wallace

Posted on Thursday, August 26, 2004 - 06:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

James,

Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately, your suggestion didn't work. This puppy is stuck! That and the fact that I've got a roll of film from a shoot in the camera is doubly frustrating. Any further suggestions? I really appreciate the help. Thanks,

Dorothy

James

Posted on Friday, August 27, 2004 - 08:57 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My SRT has a rewind knob that is hard to pull, but my twist and pull method works for it. Wait a minute, on some cameras you can access the latch mechanism by taking off the bottom plate. You should be able to pry the latch open from there. This will gain you access to the cassette, but the rewind knob still needs to come up to remove the cassette. If you don't feel comfortable doing this yourself try taking it to a repair shop and see what they can do.

Jon

Posted on Thursday, September 30, 2004 - 02:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I accidently pressed the rewind button on my new fm10 nikon, before i even put film in it. Now the back won't open, please give me some tips.

Henry

Posted on Thursday, September 30, 2004 - 05:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Dorothy, just saw your message...

To open the back without even touching the rewind knob just remove the bottom cover and push the flat spring on the rewind side underneath. I have a Leica R3 open right now. The XE-7 is nearly identical. Did you know that?

Since you posted the question some time ago you may not be watching this forum now. So I'll email you directly too.

Henry

Tom Hickey

Posted on Tuesday, July 05, 2005 - 11:53 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have a Minolta XE-7 that needs a good cleaning and checkup Does anyone know a good tech. that works on these cameras
thanks
Tom H

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration