Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Minolta Hi-matic S Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Minolta Hi-matic S « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

excreman-hk

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, August 30, 2004 - 01:45 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hi everyone,
i just got a old hi-matic S today and i find the both side of battery contacts is rusted and this camera seems won't work w/o electricity ,i am going to find a explosive diagram ,anyone here here have the repair manual or web site please tell me .Also i find the shutter button seems can't press on it , after i disasmbed it ,i though it seems miss some piece , pls help!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Roland F. Harriston

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, September 03, 2004 - 03:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It should be possible to clean up the battery contacts without taking the camera apart, if they are not severely corroded. I have not taken mine apart, so I don't know if there are any wires that would corrode and need replacement. There probably are. In that case, the top and bottom plates would have to be removed and some competent soldering skill would be needed.

The shutter/meter will not operate without the required 2 AA type batteries.

Be careful with the little plastic locking tab on the battery compartment door. It is not very strong and is easily snapped off.

This camera has a surprisingly sharp and contrasty
lens for a camera of its type. There is a red indicator lamp in the viewfinder that turns on when there is insufficient light, so that you can pop up the built in flash.

Overall, the camera is a good shooter.

Good Luck

Roland F. Harriston

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration