Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Moskva 5 rangefinder-vertical alignment Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Moskva 5 rangefinder-vertical alignment « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Dave

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, August 31, 2004 - 01:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I've adjusted my Moskva 5 rangefinder, to correct the diagonal travel of the images--now they move perfectly horizontally across the rangefinder. That is good, but they are still a little out of alignment vertically-just enough to drive me crazy. Someone told me that I need to adjust the angle of the beam splitter, but I've never done that... is it possible for a mere human klutz like me?

Dave

Posted on Saturday, September 04, 2004 - 03:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

No love for the Moskva 5? :(

Dave

Posted on Tuesday, September 07, 2004 - 09:11 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Mine is actually in the mail on the way here, so I don't know much about it yet. but this page has some information that might be usefull.
http://www.dantestella.com/technical/superfix.html
good luck

Dave

Dave

Posted on Wednesday, September 08, 2004 - 08:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yes, that's where I found the info I used for my repairs to date--but nothing about fixing/aligning the beamsplitter, if that is indeed what needs to be done. Thanks for your response! I hope you enjoy your Moskva; it's a pretty cool piece of equipment.

=d

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration