Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

FOCAL LENGTH OF AGFA SPEEDEX B2 LENS Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » FOCAL LENGTH OF AGFA SPEEDEX B2 LENS « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

MARK

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, September 04, 2004 - 12:07 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

DOES ANYONE KNOW OFF HAND WHAT THE FOCAL LENGTH IS FOR A 4.5 85 MM AGFA SPEEDEX B2 CAMERA? ALSO DOES ANYONE KNOW SOME ONE WHO WOULD SELL PARTS FOR THIS CAMERA? I HAVE ALMOST COMPLETED A RESTORATION OF THIS CAMERA BUT I NEED A WORKING LENS / SHUTTER. THE ONE I HAVE HAS SHUTTER PROBLEMS THAT ARE BEYOND MY ABILITY TO FIX.

Andrew Yue

Posted on Saturday, September 04, 2004 - 01:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Any of the 85mm Agfa Agnars, Apotars, and Solinars set within a more modern Pronto, Pronto S series or Compur shutter will work with this camera.

Also, with a slight mod, usually by bending the trigger arm a bit, an 85mm Radionar mounted within a Prontor S or Pronto shutter should work as well.

Just make sure to replace that the donor camera has a lens with an 85mm focal length and use that particular shutter. Otherwise collimating the front element to infinity will be damn near impossible and your aperture settings will be off as well.

BTW, if you had to guess, what would be the focal length of an 85mm lens?

Winfried

Posted on Saturday, September 04, 2004 - 03:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I think I have a spare Apotar or Agnar 85mm lens with a Pronto or Vario shutter (the Pronto has 4 speeds plus self-timer, the Vario has 3 speeds w/o self timer). I live in Germany, shipment costs to US will be around USD 8 + whatever you want to pay for the assembly.

Winfried

Posted on Saturday, September 04, 2004 - 03:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

One more thing: to adjust the focus properly you have to place shims between the shutter flange and the lens board so that the front lens element is almost completely down for oo focus. Most front element focussing lenses I have seen were adjusted such that they need less than 1/2 turn from the thread stop to focus to oo.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration