Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Problems with Canon DM-MV530i (equiv... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Problems with Canon DM-MV530i (equivalent Canon ZR65-MCA) « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Cals Camera Repair

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, September 07, 2004 - 02:09 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My name is Tim, I work for a small camera repair workshop in Perth, Western Australia. I have encountered a difficult camera - the camera is a Canon DM-MV530i (equivalent of the Canon ZR65-MCA). I have the complete diagram.

After changing the head, we still have a problem. The camera plays sound, but will not record sound. I’m pretty sure the problem is not in the mic, though.
I have tried everything I can think of but to no avail.

If there is anything anyone can think of or if you can be of any help, even just to point me in the right direction, please reply and let me know.

Regards

Tim @ Cal’s Camera Repair

Sergio Cavazos

Posted on Saturday, October 23, 2004 - 04:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hola!

I have just almost a year with the canon zr65 and it stoped recording video... no image at all, it records sound and all vcr functions ok... is this a documented problem with this camcorders?... next time I'll buy a Sony!...

Saludos desde Monterrey, México
Sergio Cavazos

Sergio K.

Posted on Tuesday, November 16, 2004 - 11:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have a similar problem with my zr65: used it just for 13 month and filmed 6 tapes. Now it does not record video, just does sound. The playback functionality is OK so far. The camera, however, takes video and sound on tape from the DV input over Firewire cable from my computer (?!) Any experience how to fix it?

Manc

Posted on Wednesday, November 24, 2004 - 05:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have a Canon MV530i (UK) and there is a problem with the display (both LCD and viewfinder are the same). The text display works fine (menus, battery indicator, timer etc) but the rest of the display is very dark (black on default LCD brightness). On increasing the brightness it is possible to make out some of the image but it is as though a very dark filter has been applied to the "recording" image. Any one had similar problems or found a fix? Help would be appreciated!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration