Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Pentax shutter won't open Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Pentax shutter won't open « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

JOHN

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, September 09, 2004 - 05:21 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I HAVE A PENTAX OPTIO 330 DIGITAL THAT THE SHUTTER WON'T RELEASE. NOTHING HAPPENS WHEN THE ON BUTTON IS PUSHED OTHER THAN SHOW THE PENTAX SCREEN AND THEN IT SHUTS DOWN. NEW BATTERIES WERE TRIED, BUT THAT WASN'T IT. ANY IDEAS ON THE PROBLEM?

Ed

Posted on Friday, September 10, 2004 - 03:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I may be wrong, but I think that when you mention digital, you lose most people on this forum. Most consider digital cameras a factory deal. They make a model for such a short time and considering th electronics it doesn't pay to get involved with them and most require expensive test equipment or software to repair properly.

Henry

Posted on Saturday, September 11, 2004 - 09:23 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Here is my take on it...

Anything that CAN be repaired by working techs SHOULD be. These techs have been trained on these modern cameras and have the proper test equipment. Thousands of dollars of investment to fix your camera quickly and correctly. Help them make a living by using them whenever your new stuff dies.

But old stuff is a different question. Fixing them isn't cost effective. Meaning the time invested at a livable rate of pay would far exceed the cameras value. F A R exceed...

It gets embarrassing to admit but I've spent 20 to 40 hours working on $25 cameras.

Henry

Henry

Posted on Saturday, September 11, 2004 - 09:37 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Me again! As personal examples...

When my Canon A2's command dial broke (as they all do) I took it to a local shop. Couple days and a few bucks and it was back in my hands. I knew it wasn't a difficult job and new parts were obtainable but, hey, camera techs have to eat too.

Same way with a couple Nikons I purchased in a box of other busted stuff. Took them to the shop. Got them fixed. Then sold them.

I don't like competing with working techs. I'd rather make friends than competitors. Both of the above shops have GIVEN me items out of their junk boxes to fix my old stuff.

Henry

Tony Duell

Posted on Wednesday, September 15, 2004 - 05:08 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I do exactly the opposite. I object to paying someone to do a job I can do myself. I try (and normally succeed) to repair everything I own.

Martin Jones

Posted on Thursday, October 28, 2004 - 12:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

JOhn - I have exactly the same problem on my Pentax Optio 330 - the shutter release does not work - well it does sometimes - did you get yours fixed? Mine is just coming up for 3 years old
Martin

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration