Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Olympus XA shutter - help needed. Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Olympus XA shutter - help needed. « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Sean Morony

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, September 11, 2004 - 06:43 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm trying to sort out a stiff shutter button on my XA.I was having to press quite hard to fire the shutter.I prised off the red plastic button and undid the screw below,but as I lifted it off,several pieces fell out.I'm not sure of the order they should go back in.I know that the screw goes into a piece of black plastic,but I have a small brass-coloured hollow cylinder;a four-pronged thin metal thing with a hole in the middle;a rubber pad with a hole in the middle.There is also the metal piece ,with four indentations and a hole in the middle,which is connected to a blue wire.The shutter fires perfectly well if I press this piece down,but obviously I'd like to get it all back together correctly.Can anyone guide me through the reassembly?Thanks,
Sean.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Donald LeRoux

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, September 18, 2004 - 12:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sean, A XA repair manual ts available for downloading at this website. The shutter button is depicted in the exploded views section and trouble shooting section. You should be able to reassemble the parts after checking the manual. Take Care, Don LeRoux.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration