Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Sticky Shutter in Rollei 35 LED Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Sticky Shutter in Rollei 35 LED « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Tim J.

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, September 11, 2004 - 02:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have a Rollei 35 LED that has a shutter that appears to cycle well, but the shutter blades don't quite shut all the way at the end of the cycle. This is an intermittent problem that happens at all shutter speeds. If I watch the shutter in action inside the camera, there is a brass finger that nudges a pin on the lever that is connected to the shutter through a shaft on the lens barrel. This completely closes the shutter during the winding operation (I can open and close the shutter by moving this lever with a toothpick.)

When the shutter is tripped, this brass finger hits the pin on the shutter movement lever opening the shutter and is followed by a dark metal finger that hits the opposite side of the lever closing the shutter. It almost appears like this lever doesn't quite go far enough because the shutter doesn't completely close unless I nudge the lever it hits about a millimeter or so. I don't think it is binding because it makes a positive stop at the end of its travel. The brass finger and the following metal finger are actually part of the same piece of metal, so I don't think the angle between the two are adjustable.

Any suggestions?

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration