Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Minolta XG Series Shutter/Film Advanc... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Minolta XG Series Shutter/Film Advance Problems « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Doug T aylor

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, September 14, 2004 - 12:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

HELLO....I have 3 minolta XG series cameras which have film advance and advance related problems. I am laid off work for a month, so I started tinkering with these cameras.
Camera 1 is an XG-1n and when I was loading film I had the lens cap on camera and camera was in Auto mode. I fired the shutter to start advancing film and shutter stayed open since it had no light reaching cell. I removed cap, but shutter stayed open and mirror is up. I have turned camera off and removed batteries, but did not help. Film advance is also fixed, but I expected that until shutter closes and mirror returns to lower position.
Camera 2 has a problem with mirror lifting up when film advance is moved forward. I found I could advance lever part way, return and then move all the way. Sometimes mirror stays down when I do this.
Camera 3 has a problem with the autowinder coupling disk not returning on its own when film advance is returned after advancing. If I manually turn disk with a nickle shutter will fire. It acts like a spring is not doing its job, but I don't see one under disk on the bottom of camera.
I have the bottom covers off all three cameras.
Regards
Doug Taylor
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Rev Ashbaugh

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, October 19, 2004 - 05:48 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Camera number one has a capacitor problem. THe electrolytic capacitor seen in the camera when the bottom plate is removed needs to be replaced.

Camera numbers two and three need a good cleaning and lubrication and probably nothing else.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration