Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Help! How do I clean My Minolta SRT-2... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Help! How do I clean My Minolta SRT-202's Aperture ring? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Dave

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, September 17, 2004 - 06:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I need to clean it, I have gone to professional photoshops and they said they have to send it back to japan and it will cost $500 to get it cleaned(I doubt this entirely) I need to clean it by monday(I'm in a Photography class)We have 2 one's broke the other isn't(I'm going to open up the broken one and practice clean it's aperture ring) I'm hoping this is really simple, I need replies ASAP please, and I'm pretty good at reassembling and dissasembling stuff(I have unbelieveably high motor skill and dexterity in my big hands) and thank you for your time when you answers my long post.

Ed

Posted on Friday, September 17, 2004 - 08:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I assume you mean the ring on the camera, not lens. Set shutter/ingasa to B and 6400. Remove 4 screws hold the lens flange and carefully lift it off. Next lift the aperture ring and watch for the string that is fastened at the 1-2 o'clock position--it is only held on by a knot in a notch. remove string and be careful not to let it slip back into body (this is why you set it at B/6400). Clean the ring, the flange and it necessary the seat in the body. You can use lighter fluid or Coleman flue, etc. Don't flood the body groove. When you reassemble put the ring in place and turn it clockwise until it drops down in place against the stop at 11 o'clocl position.

Dave

Posted on Friday, September 17, 2004 - 09:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

U rock thanks.

Dave

Posted on Saturday, September 18, 2004 - 03:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I just practiced on my Dad's broken one, i did wonderfully with no help from my mother(Who was ragging and nagging on me until I got really pissed) I have a good mechanical Aptitude and i'm good with my hands, now i just need to clean it a little more, seriously you guys rock.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration