Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Yashica Electro 35 GSN Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Yashica Electro 35 GSN « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Gustav

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, September 20, 2004 - 02:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi, I have a nice Yashica Electro 35 GSN, that seems to be working fine, but there is bad contact somewhere.

Sometimes when I push the releasebutton halfway down the lights usually lights up as they are supposed to, but most of the time I have to move the button around to make the meter light up. The same thing goes for the shutter, sometimes it stays open for the right time, and sometimes it does not.

It seems like there is bad contact in some switch, and my question is where to start looking? I would like some guidelines before I open the camera.

Thanks
Gustav
Sweden.

Winfried

Posted on Tuesday, September 21, 2004 - 03:53 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

There are some slide contacts below the shutter button. Remove the bottom cover and check with a small torch. Then spray some electronic contact cleaner in that area, operate the shutter release several times and spray again.

Some more contacts are under the mode setting ring (Auto/flash/B setting ring). To remove it you have to screw off the name plate ring and the front lens cell. Attention, there are some tiny steel balls inside providing the click stops.

Jon Flanders

Posted on Saturday, September 25, 2004 - 08:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

This could also be a problem with the "pad of death".

See the Yashica Guy's site on this.
http://www.yashica-guy.com/index.html

I was able to fix this by not following his advice
to take off the front lens element. I went in through the side.

Jon Flanders

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration