Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Canon A-1 meter problems Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Canon A-1 meter problems « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

andy

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, September 23, 2004 - 10:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello,

I have a question regarding an inoperative meter in an A-1. The LED's are functioning but the meter is not light-sensitive--the LED's flash and give the same reading regardless of actual light conditions. In stopped down mode the reading is an invariable twenty seconds at ISO 400, for example. I suspect that this has something to do with a malfunction of the photocell behind the prism (which I understand regulates light-sensitvity and relays the information to the CPU) but I'm not too clear on the details--if someone could suggest some troubleshooting I might do shy of replacing the photocell that would be appreciated, as would any help at all.

Andy.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration