Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Konica Hexanon AR 50mm disassembly Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Konica Hexanon AR 50mm disassembly « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Haig Hovaness

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, September 25, 2004 - 10:26 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I need to clean oil off the diaphragm blades, and I can't figure out how to get the fron cell off. Does anyone here know the disassembly secret?

Dave Rivera

Posted on Monday, September 27, 2004 - 08:13 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Haig,
Is this a f1.7? If so,you can access the diaphargm blades from either the front or rear. From the front I was able to remove the name ring with a rubber dam (a sheet of rubber) and a friction tool(a new no.2 pencil with clean eraser). Try a little light jewelers oil or solvent (WD40).Wipe up the excess and let it set before trying to remove the ring. If you're able to remove the name ring the next step is the front element. Repeat the steps above and if you're successful you're now able to get to the second element. This is notched to use a lens spanner,BUT the space is too tight and you have to use a furniture leg rubber cup. (Available at your hardware store.) Slip the open end over the outside of the second element (don't forget the oil or solvent before trying to remove it). Using a touch of oil or solvent is necessary to help loosen things up. If you're sucessful you're able to access the blades for cleaning. (check the archives for steps in cleaning them. I have no experience with this procedure.) The front of the lens consists of 1)the name ring 2)retaining ring for the front element 3)the front element. The second element is one piece and screws out with a little effort.
Yell if you get stuck. Be patient. It might take a couple of tries.
Good luck,
Dave

Haig Hovaness

Posted on Monday, September 27, 2004 - 12:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks very much for your reply. Yes, this is an f1.7. I have the plastic name ring off, but I was wondering if there is another ring that can be removed to get a better grip on the front element. There was a sheet of thin rubber gasket the name ring, and there was one tiny set screw under the rubber gasket. Assuming I get the diaphragm clean, how does one adjust infinity focus on this lens?

Dave Rivera

Posted on Monday, September 27, 2004 - 01:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Now that you have the name ring off the next step is remove the retaining ring which holds the front element in place. Once the ring is unscrewed the front element should be easily removed. I would not touch the tiny set screw since I don't know what its purpose is and I didn't need to remove it when I disassembled the front element. The second element is a one piece unit and is unscrewed like the retaining rings.

I had completely removed all of the elements from front to rear to clean out fungus and after reassembly I had no need to adjust the focus. If I figured it out right the only element that works in tandem with the focusing ring is the second(middle element). The rest just sit there. (Don't forget the gasket on reassembly.)

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration