Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Can't open folding kodak! Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Can't open folding kodak! « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

alex milney

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, September 26, 2004 - 11:14 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello-
I've been in photography for a while, but only recently looking into classics. I recently purchased an old folding kodak camera at a flea market. Everything worked exceptionally well, shutter, aperture, etc...Except when I took it home, I closed it, and it won't open again! Theres a metal flap like thing that says "kodak" But when i pull on it, the camera stays locked. There is an empty hole to the lef of this flap, looks like something, at one time, went there. Was there a button went there? If so, how do I open it now? I cant find a model# But I can open the back and it says it takes 620 film. Any help would be great.
-alex

Jim

Posted on Sunday, September 26, 2004 - 11:29 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Alex-
Your description of the Kodak covers a bunch of the folders but-- try looking at the leather covering on the sides of the camera for a slightly raised round area. Press in to see if that is the latch release. the KODAK marked piece(that folds) is called a foot. Supports the camera when it is open-so it doesn't fall on its nose. The hole you describe is most likely a tripod connection. Have fun

JIM

Will

Posted on Sunday, September 26, 2004 - 02:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Alex,

There is usually a button on the top of the camera (looks like a shutter release), or a button off to the side of the foot. I have a small collection of these 620 folders. They are fun.
Will

David Ritchie

Posted on Sunday, September 26, 2004 - 05:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Alex, do you know the model of this camera? If you can be more specific, maybe someone can be more help.

David

Posted on Sunday, September 26, 2004 - 09:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You have not discovered the trickiest problem yet. The trickeiest problem will be to close it once you have it open. There are many different ways that folders open and close and you must use the correct method to avoid damaging the struts. So in asking your question here you have done the right thing. Never force anything. Hopoefuly the previous advice given has helped and you will be able to figure out how to close it.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration