Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Light leaks or something else? Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Light leaks or something else? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Tim

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, September 27, 2004 - 03:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello,
I've a problem on a yashica electro 35 gsn (and the same on a minox gt).

Some pictures, under 60' speed I think but I can mistake, have light markings coming from the "holes" of the film (excuse my lack of technical words but I usually speak french).

For example, I shooted few pictures at 5 sec. long or less during the night at home and all the pictures has straight black "rays" fusing from the edge of the film (coming from each holes exactly) and running to 1/3 of the image.

The back of the camera seems fine, and I think light leaks would make different "rays" on the film, I had it on another camera and it is not alike.

I can't understand what happens with the light in this camera, could someone help me?....

Thanks
Tim

James

Posted on Monday, September 27, 2004 - 03:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are you developing this film yourself? If so, you are agitating the film too much during development. The developer is flowing through the sprocket holes causing the pattern you describe. Make sure to use the recommended agitation for your particular film and developer. Usually that means 5 seconds of gentle agitation every 30 seconds.

James

braun

Posted on Tuesday, September 28, 2004 - 04:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks for answer James.

I'm not developing myself for the moment, I give the negs to a photographer shop.
I could not believe it comes from the "labo", But I think it is right, it seems so logical.
So, professionals are not so good in my city!

I will change my mind

Tim

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration