Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Yashicamat 124 counter problem Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Yashicamat 124 counter problem « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Dave Leffen

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, September 29, 2004 - 02:24 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I recently purchased a Yashicamat 124 that seemed to be in good condition. I've run about 5 rolls through it with excellent results. However, last weekend I started to have problems. The first thing that happened (which I think is probably irrelevant, but worth mentioning) is that the pressure plate that holds the film against the back came off in my hand when I was loading a film. I returned it to the 12 exposure position. Then after loading, the film winder jammed after one exposure. I did not force the winder and put the camera aside.
A scan through this site yielded a post that had a jam and operation of the shutter with a shutter release cable was recommended. This released the jam.
The problem is that now the crank does not stop turning when I advance the film. I hear a grinding or clicking noise. Also the film counter doesn't advance properly. The film is fully advanced (to the end) and the counter indicates only "5".
Any help would be appreciated. I'm going to download the assembly diagram, but will wait to see if anyone has any advice for me.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Dave
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Michael

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, September 29, 2004 - 06:51 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well I have a Yashica 24 which wouldn't count the exposures either. When I opened up the winder side of the camera I saw that the main gear was missing 2 small teeth. This was just at the point where the counter would engage, so while the film did advance the counter didn't. I still use the camera today and count frames manually. How? I put an expired roll of 220 in and then started winding the film through it's exposures. I counted how many turns where needed for each frame, as they vary, and wrote it all down. Now I just go according to my sheet. All I have to do is not forget what frame I am on after I put the camera down :(

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration