Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Olympus 35 ec2 : howto power it off ? Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Olympus 35 ec2 : howto power it off ? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Laurent

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, October 01, 2004 - 05:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi

I've just bought an Olympus 35 ec2 on ebay but whenever I put batteries inside, the orange led is remaining on. I was wondering what has to be done to switch it of ?
Other thing : I do have to push very deeply to take one picture. Is it normal ?
Thank's, Laurent (sorry for my english)

charlie

Posted on Friday, October 01, 2004 - 06:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I had a couple of EC2's. I don't remember the switching but I believe the long stroke is because the shutter is cocked and released by the same stroke. That is the reason for the locking lever on the shutter release. Winding the film on to the next frame only moves the film but does not cock the shutter. The camera takes good pictures. Try setting the mode from Automatic "A" to an f stop. that may turn it off or put a lens cap on.

laurent

Posted on Saturday, October 02, 2004 - 02:55 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

thank's charly. I'll try with a roll inside anyway. Unfortunately 35 EC2 has no "A" mode or F stop mode so I guess it's flaw of this little toy.

charlie

Posted on Sunday, October 03, 2004 - 05:24 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have an instruction manual for an Oly 35 ED which says its orange light should come on after the shutter release is depressed part way so the EC2 may be similar. Probably a switch is out of adjustment. Also if you click on Repair Manuals on the left here, at the bottom of that page there is a link to other Oly cameras and if you scroll that page down, under "Bodies" there is a link to exploded views of an Oly EC2. Good luck

laurent Venet

Posted on Sunday, October 03, 2004 - 12:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

thank's a lot dear Charlie; I'm gonna search this way.

My little olympus already ate two batteries today !

Moss

Posted on Friday, November 19, 2004 - 02:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Laurent,

I just dug out my EC2 that I used in the 70's. Used to take great pictures!! Ruined the lense with sand when I crossed the Sahara in the late 70's. Had it fixed in Korea in the late 80's. Sat on a shelf ever since. Bought a digital recently, but wanted to try out the E2 again. Charlie is right. The amber light should only come on when the shutter button is pressed part way. How is it doing now?

Moss

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration