Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Pentax K 1000 Rewind shaft Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Pentax K 1000 Rewind shaft « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Gil

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, October 02, 2004 - 07:17 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Need a Pentax Guru/ How to hook up rewind shaft with top rewind knob/ Cannot get the shaft to go upwards enough to screw turn lever onto shaft

N K Gilbert

Posted on Saturday, October 02, 2004 - 01:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

cancel secand posting

Jan Dvorak

Posted on Saturday, October 02, 2004 - 06:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Gil,

If you look into the opening for the rewind shaft, you will see a spring slightly protruding into this opening.

While pushing the rewind shaft up, use a small screwdriver to push the spring against the side of the opening. It takes a bit of fumbling, but eventually you will be successful.

Good luck,

Jan

n k Gilbert

Posted on Sunday, October 03, 2004 - 06:51 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Jan
Are you saying to insert the screwdriver from the top or the bottom
Gil

N Gilbert

Posted on Monday, October 04, 2004 - 04:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Jan having trouble completeing instructions re rewind on Pentax

Jan Dvorak

Posted on Tuesday, October 05, 2004 - 12:26 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I would assume that you are trying to insert the rewind assemly from the bottom, as it will not go in any other way.

By looking into the rewind shaft opening from the top - can you see the spring protruding into the opening? If you can - see if you can push it against the wall of the shaft - insert a screwdriver (or anything that fits) and push against the spring. It should move against the wall of the shaft opening.

Now - insert the rewind shaft asssmbly from the bottom (from inside the film chamber), until you cannot insert it any further. That is when you will have to try to push the spring against the wall of the shaft opening, using a tool from the top, sort of pushing it out of the way and clearing a path for your rewind shaft to move up.

It is a little finicky, but can be done.

Good luck,

jan

Connie

Posted on Friday, January 21, 2005 - 02:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So, Jan, would you happen to know where to get a rewind knob for a Pentax. I have a K1000 Asahi Pentax which I need a rewind knob. I have the shaft.
Please hoping for something cheap.

Jan Dvorak

Posted on Friday, January 21, 2005 - 11:50 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Connie,

Quite often a rewind knob from a different camera will do the job as well. If you find a junker camera cheap, try it. Otherwise, here are a few possibilities - no guarantee though...

http://www.activeindustries.com/index.html

http://www.kellycamera.com/

Good luck,

Jan

Connie

Posted on Saturday, January 22, 2005 - 12:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thank you. I checked out those site. They maybe of some help. I want to try to put the same part back on if possible. I have this one site that had them but they are and have been out of stock for some time now. I hope they get them back in because their price is what I could afford.
Thank you for your reply.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration