Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Mamiya Sekor 1000 DTL - advance butt... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Mamiya Sekor 1000 DTL - advance button stuck « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

bob clark

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, October 05, 2004 - 03:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

my roommate just gave me this camera [someone gave i to him] for decoration. but i want to fix and use it!!! at first the mirror was stuck shut but after playing with it i was able to open that back up to actually see through the viewfinder and really liked how it was set up with the aperture preview [like my ae-1p] built into the f settings.

i know there are probably a bunch of problems with it, but as of right now i seems the advance button is stuck. he arm won't even go all the way in.

anyway....if anyone here can help me out id really appreicate it. ive never worked on a camera before, but this one just looks so great i want to give it a try before it just goes on a shelf

Steve

Posted on Tuesday, October 05, 2004 - 05:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

In order to get the advance lever to go in all the way, press the button on top of it. This turns off the meter and should let the lever pop in flush. When you pull the lever out a few degrees, it turns on the meter and allows you to stop down the lens and preview the aperture setting through the lens by pressing the lever in. This is also how the exposure is set, known as "stop-down metering". When you stop down the aperture, the meter needle should drop down to the center of the backward C if the shutter speed/aperture selection is correct. The meter is linked to the shutter speed dial, but not the aperture setting. It's a pretty basic mechanical camera that needs a battery only for the meter, which on a camera this old may not be accurate. Mine underexposes unless I open it up a stop from what the meter says.

bob

Posted on Tuesday, October 05, 2004 - 06:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

yea...the arm will go flush when i push the button....but the shutter still isnt going at all. sometimes if i i set the time release itll go, but not every time.

Steve

Posted on Tuesday, October 05, 2004 - 10:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I had a little trouble with mine doing that at first, but I think it was because it sat for quite a while before I got it. It works much better now, and hasn't jammed for a long time. I would suggest possibly giving it a good workout in all the different shutter speeds with no film just to see if you can loosen it up. That seemed to work with mine.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration