Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Vivitar apperture problem Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Vivitar apperture problem « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

photoman

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, October 06, 2004 - 03:36 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello friends.

I have problems with Vivitar Series 1 28-90mm F:2.8-3.5 zoom lens. It's Nikon F mount lens with AI.
The apperture reacts slowly, I think it has to be oiled.
What should I do? What should be disassembled to reach the apperture mechanism?
It's 12 elements lens, I'm not sure that I'll be able to assemble it again without charts.
The apperture itself somewhere in middle of lens, how could I get there?
I'll be very happy and thankfull is somebody could help me with this. :)

Jon Goodman

Posted on Wednesday, October 06, 2004 - 07:45 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello, photoman. Your aperture probably needs to be "de-oiled." The fact is oil on the aperture blades or the aperture linkage mechanism will cause slowness or in extreme cases failure of motion. I do not have one of these lenses to look at, but generally the linkage is accessible just beneath the rear mounting plate (the bayonet mount flange plate) at the very rear of the lens. There could be 4 to 8 screws around the perimeter of the plate holding it on. Make notes of how the plate mounted and where...sometimes you need to put a piece of tape on the parts you remove to align them properly again. First, I would clean the linkage and see if this will help speed up the action. Usually to access the aperture blades, you must remove one or two of the rear lens elements.

Jon

photoman

Posted on Wednesday, October 06, 2004 - 07:53 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thank you very much, Jon.
I'll try to do that.

trivain

Posted on Monday, October 18, 2004 - 04:28 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hi,

who can tell me, how I Zoom with my 28-90mm Vivitar Series 1 ? It is stuck with the 28mm Macro.
It won´t move.
Is there any ring to press.
Any help is much appreciated.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration